Water Storage and Hydropower Development for Africa
14 - 16 March 2017
85th ICOLD Annual Meeting
Prague, Czech Republic
3 - 7 July 2017
LTBD 2017 in Tehran
"Long-Term Behavior and Environmentally Friendly Rehabilitation Technologies of Dams (LTBD 2017)"
17 – 19 October 2017
26th Congress & 86th ICOLD Annual Meeting
1 - 7 July 2018
Name of the Committee:
Dr Paul Roberts
6 Daventry Street Lynnwood Manor Pretoria 0081 Republic of South Africa
(012) 348 6668
Some words on the country and the Committee:
Two membership categories are now available namely:
- Corporate membership
- Individual membership.
The revised mission of SANCOLD is to:
- Create and promote an awareness and understanding amongst South Africans of the role of dams in the beneficial and sustainable development of South Africa’s water resources;
- Advance the knowledge and skills relating to the science and art of planning, design, construction, management, operation, maintenance, rehabilitation and decommissioning of dams amongst its members in a safe, financially sound, ecologically and socially sustainable manner;
- Provide a democratically elected national committee in South Africa to represent South Africa on the International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD);
- Provide forums for local interaction between interested participants in the dam industry; and
- Engage with other African countries in support of initiatives such as those of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) as well as those of ICOLD.
The new Constitution of SANCOLD is available on the SANCOLD website. The website contains a lot of information about SANCOLD and ICOLD as well as information relating to dams. SANCOLD also issues a newsletter (SANCOLD News) to members at least once per month which contains useful information for those involved in the dam industry. These newsletters are also placed on the website.
SANCOLD holds an Annual Event (normally towards the end of the year) in the form of courses/ symposia or conferences and site visits to dams in addition to the Annual General Meeting. Details are provided on the SANCOLD website.
For further details of the new SANCOLD and the forthcoming conference please visit the SANCOLD website at www.sancold.org.za Postal address: PostNet Suite #498 Private Bag X025 Lynnwood Ridge Pretoria 0040 Republic of South Africa