- Hydro 2015 International Conference and Exhibition will take place at Bordeaux Convention Centre 26-28 October 2015, (France)
- ICOLD Annual Meeting & Congress, June 2015, (Norway)
- The 7th International Symposium on ROLLER COMPACTED CONCRETE (RCC) Dams, September 24-25, 2015, Chengdu (China)
- Sancold Annual Conference 2015, 1-3 September 2015
- 10th Edition of the Spanish Technical Meetings on Dams, 18-20 February 2015
- 1st International Seminar on Dam Protection against overtopping and Accidental Leakage, 24-26 November 2014, Madrid, (Spain)
- 2014 ANCOLD Conference, 21-22 October 2014, Canberra (Australia)
- HYDRO 2014, International Conference and Exhibition, 13-15 October 2014
- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- 22nd ICID Congress and 65th IEC Meeting, 14-20 September 2014, Gwangju (Korea)
- 82nd Annual Meeting, June 1st-6th 2014, Bali, (Indonesia)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Fifth International Conference on Water Resources and Hydropower Development in Asia, 11-13 March 2014, Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Africa 2013 Report, May 21st
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- The 6th WWF, 12-17 March 2012, Marseille (France)
- The WCD question ,16 March 2012, Marseille (France)
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- SANCOLD Conference, 5-7 November 2013
- Hydropower 2013, CHINCOLD 2013 Annual Meeting and the 3rd International Symposium on Rockfill Dams, 1-3 November 2013
- 20th Anniversary of SLOCOLD, International Symposium, 16th October 2013, Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Annual CDA Conference & Exhibition, October 5-10, 2013, Montréal (Quebec, Canada)
- 81th ICOLD Annual Meeting, 12-16 August 2013, Seattle (USA)
- International Conference and Exhibition Africa,16-18 April 2013
- 9th ICOLD European Club Symposium, April 10-12 2013, Venice (Italy)
- Africa 2013: Water Storage and Hydropower Development for Africa, April 8
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- 6th International Symposium on Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) Dams, October 23-25, 2012, Zaragoza (Spain)
- 24th ICOLD Congress, June,6-8th 2012, Kyoto (Japan)
- Invitation to the First International Conference on Dams and Hydropower in Iran
- 2nd International Symposium on Rockfill Dams, October 25-28 2011, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Practical Solutions for a Sustainable Future, October 17-19, 2011, Prague (Czech Republic)
- International Symposium on "Modern Technologies and Long-term Behavior of Dams", September 27-29 2011, Zhengzhou (China)
- Hydrovision Brazil, September 20-22, 2011, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- 79th Annual Meeting, 29 May-3 June 2011, Lucerne (Switzerland)
- Hydrovision International, July 19-22, 2011, Sacramento (USA)
- ICOLD's new homepage
- 25th ICID European Regional Conference, 16-20 May, 2011, Groningen (Netherlands)
Registre des BarragesThe WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Bulletin 151Tropical residual soils as dam foundation and fill material
Bulletin 154Dam safety management: Operational phase of the dam life cycle
Bulletin 164Internal Erosion of Existing Dams, Levees and Dikes, and their Foundations
Package Bulletins 2016
Bulletins' Package: 2016
- Bulletin 146
- Bulletin 148
- Bulletin 157
- Bulletin 166
Bulletin 168Recommendations for Operation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation
14th International Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams
6 - 8 September 2017
LTBD 2017 in Tehran
"Long-Term Behavior and Environmentally Friendly Rehabilitation Technologies of Dams (LTBD 2017)"
17 – 19 October 2017
26th Congress & 86th ICOLD Annual Meeting
1 - 7 July 2018
16 to 18 April, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The number of countries that will be represented at AFRICA 2013 had reached 56 by the beginning of March (24 of them African nations, and others from Asia, Europe, North and South America and Australasia). This conference promises to be the most international gathering, focusing specifically on hydropower and water storage, to take place on the African continent.
- The African Union Commission, the African Development Bank and UNECA are all playing major roles in the programme. The AU Director of Infrastructure and Energy, A. Baba Moussa, Head of the AU Commission Energy Division, P. Niyongabo, and Chief Energy Expert at the AfDB, Dr Jacques Moulot, will introduce and conduct discussions on the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa. The PIDA initiative is mainly based on the accelerated implementation of at least eight major regional hydro schemes and their association transmission systems, which are moving ahead as priority projects.
- The Ethiopian Minister of Water and Energy, and the CEO of EEPCo will be present, and a number of speakers will present details of Ethiopia’s major current development of its hydro resources, as part of the Universal Electricity Access Programme.
- Prof Laurent Kitoko, the Director of International Relations at SNEL, DR Congo, will lead discussions on the first stage of the Grand Inga development, along with officers from AECOM and EDF who conducted the feasibility studies for this vast scheme, which is likely to go ahead soon as a staged development, and could eventually supply most parts of Africa which much-needed power.
- Other major schemes now moving ahead, which will be discussed in detail during AFRICA 2013, include Batoka Gorge, Ruzizi III, Mphanda Nkuwa and Rusumo Falls, among others.
- High-level delegations from ministries and power/water authorities will be attending from many of the leading African countries for current and planned hydro development: Ethiopia, DRC, Guinea, Nigeria, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Zambia, and many others.
- From the financial community, The World Bank, African Development Bank, ICA, EU-Africa Partnership, Agence Française de Developpement, and various African regional development banks will discuss approaches to financing the PIDA priority projects, along with project developers and financial consultants.
For many of those countries embarking on the construction of major water resources schemes, it will be useful to exchange experience with the experts attending from countries such as China, Brazil, Russia and others, who have experience of comparable large-scale schemes in other parts of the world.
AFRICA 2013 is being held at a key time for African hydropower development. World experts on the most important aspects of implementing and operating water infrastructure will be there, working to contribute to the PIDA initiative.
Our study tour to the Omo River Cascade is now fully booked, with a waiting list. Only a few places remain available in the Technical Exhibition, and some of the main hotels reserved for delegates are fully booked.
If you are planning to attend, we encourage you to register as soon as possible, as places will soon be limited.
If you are committed to helping African nations unlock their vast hydro potential, you should not miss this event.
Concessional registration fees may be arranged for delegations attending from relevant organizations (power or water authorities) in the less developed countries of Africa.
For full details of the programme (recently updated), visit www.hydropower-dams.com and download the latest edition of the AFRICA 2013 brochure.
Tags : Events