- Hydro 2015 International Conference and Exhibition will take place at Bordeaux Convention Centre 26-28 October 2015, (France)
- ICOLD Annual Meeting & Congress, June 2015, (Norway)
- The 7th International Symposium on ROLLER COMPACTED CONCRETE (RCC) Dams, September 24-25, 2015, Chengdu (China)
- Sancold Annual Conference 2015, 1-3 September 2015
- 10th Edition of the Spanish Technical Meetings on Dams, 18-20 February 2015
- 1st International Seminar on Dam Protection against overtopping and Accidental Leakage, 24-26 November 2014, Madrid, (Spain)
- 2014 ANCOLD Conference, 21-22 October 2014, Canberra (Australia)
- HYDRO 2014, International Conference and Exhibition, 13-15 October 2014
- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- 22nd ICID Congress and 65th IEC Meeting, 14-20 September 2014, Gwangju (Korea)
- 82nd Annual Meeting, June 1st-6th 2014, Bali, (Indonesia)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Fifth International Conference on Water Resources and Hydropower Development in Asia, 11-13 March 2014, Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Africa 2013 Report, May 21st
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- The 6th WWF, 12-17 March 2012, Marseille (France)
- The WCD question ,16 March 2012, Marseille (France)
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- SANCOLD Conference, 5-7 November 2013
- Hydropower 2013, CHINCOLD 2013 Annual Meeting and the 3rd International Symposium on Rockfill Dams, 1-3 November 2013
- 20th Anniversary of SLOCOLD, International Symposium, 16th October 2013, Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Annual CDA Conference & Exhibition, October 5-10, 2013, Montréal (Quebec, Canada)
- 81th ICOLD Annual Meeting, 12-16 August 2013, Seattle (USA)
- International Conference and Exhibition Africa,16-18 April 2013
- 9th ICOLD European Club Symposium, April 10-12 2013, Venice (Italy)
- Africa 2013: Water Storage and Hydropower Development for Africa, April 8
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- 6th International Symposium on Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) Dams, October 23-25, 2012, Zaragoza (Spain)
- 24th ICOLD Congress, June,6-8th 2012, Kyoto (Japan)
- Invitation to the First International Conference on Dams and Hydropower in Iran
- 2nd International Symposium on Rockfill Dams, October 25-28 2011, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Practical Solutions for a Sustainable Future, October 17-19, 2011, Prague (Czech Republic)
- International Symposium on "Modern Technologies and Long-term Behavior of Dams", September 27-29 2011, Zhengzhou (China)
- Hydrovision Brazil, September 20-22, 2011, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- 79th Annual Meeting, 29 May-3 June 2011, Lucerne (Switzerland)
- Hydrovision International, July 19-22, 2011, Sacramento (USA)
- ICOLD's new homepage
- 25th ICID European Regional Conference, 16-20 May, 2011, Groningen (Netherlands)
Bulletin 166Inspection of dams following earthquake - guidelines
Bulletin 146Dams and Ressetlement - Lessons learnt and recommendations
Registre des BarragesThe WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Bulletin 148Selecting seismic parameters for large dams - Guidelines (revision of Bulletin 72)
Bulletin 156Integrated flood risk management
Bulletin 157Small dams: Design, Surveillance and Rehabilitation
Water Storage and Hydropower Development for Africa
14 - 16 March 2017
85th ICOLD Annual Meeting
Prague, Czech Republic
3 - 7 July 2017
LTBD 2017 in Tehran
"Long-Term Behavior and Environmentally Friendly Rehabilitation Technologies of Dams (LTBD 2017)"
17 – 19 October 2017
26th Congress & 86th ICOLD Annual Meeting
1 - 7 July 2018
The 6th World Water Forum was held during 12 to 17 March at the French city of Marseille. 35 000 delegates from 60 countries attended the mega event, which was organized at the magnificent ‘Parc Chanot’ venue by the World Water Council in cooperation with French Government.
As an elected governor of the World Water Council, ICOLD played a key role in organizing this Forum. President Jia and Secretary General also participated in all the events pertaining to the WWF6, including the opening and closing ceremonies, the different Board meetings, etc.
ICOLD participated in the organization of different sessions, including a session with ICID on the target 2-2-5, “Securing World Food Supplies Through Increased Water Storage Systems” and a session with IHA on target 2.3.5, “The Hydropower Power Sustainability Assessment Protocol: A Global Framework to Promote Best Practice". President Jia spoke during that session.
ICOLD also organized its own “Special Focus Session on Water Storage for Sustainable development”, on Friday 16th. Those “special focus sessions” had great policy weight and a very high visibility in the forum.
An official dinner was co-organized by CHINCOLD and the Central Office to welcome the Chinese delegation, headed by HE Minister Chen Lei. Representatives of the French Government, ICID, IHA and the City of Marseille participated to this event, as well as EDF’s hydropower boss.
Through those focused sessions, ICOLD has reached the bulk of the community of water professionals interested in the question of storage. But ICOLD message was also conveyed to the public through very large pavilions like EDF’s or Suez’s or the Three Gorges Company’s, which all had material to demonstrate the interest of multipurpose water storage infrastructure for sustainable development.
Forum provided an excellent platform for all to meet experts from several countries, listen, and learn from experiences on various thematic areas of the Forum. The whole event was marked by a theme that has been promoted by ICOLD for a long time: there is a water-food-energy nexus and integrated solutions like multipurpose water storage infrastructure are needed. You cannot solve one problem without thinking of the other interlinked problems.
Tags : Events